Cape Peninsula Day Tour
|Tour duration:||1 Day|
Description: This tour is for those who are trying to experience the natural phenomena of the Cape Peninsula without having to spend a week doing it. The tour encompasses all that is iconic about this stretch of land that juts out into the Atlantic Ocean. All of the highlights on both sides of this spectacular Peninsula will be visited allowing you to fully appreciate the uniqueness of Cape Town’s positioning.
Highlights: Twelve Apostles | Breathtaking views from Chapman’s Peak Drive | The quaint naval base of Simons Town | Getting up close and personal with a colony of African penguins at Boulders Beach | Experience the rugged beauty of Cape Point Nature Reserve.The Cape of Good Hope
|Pick up and drop off from your hotel||Lunch|
|All entrance fees|
|Professional passionate guide|
|Transport in a comfortable air conditioned shuttle|
|One free beer or non alcoholic beverage|
Please contact us on email@example.com for a quote
- 8-9am pick up from your hotel.
- We drive past the Cape Town Stadium, host to numerous Fifa World Cup clashes and through Camps Bay with its picturesque palm trees, and beachfront cafes.
- From here we follow the winding scenic road, sandwiched between the towering Twelve Apostles and glistening Atlantic Ocean towards Hout Bay.
- Next we stop to absorb and photograph the breathtaking views from the previously impassable Chapman’s Peak Drive. We then cross over the peninsula to the shores of False Bay, stopping in the quaint town that harbours South Africa’s original naval headquarters, Simons Town. We continue on to one of only three remaining mainland colonies of the African (Jackass) penguins for a chance to take some great close up photographs of these fascinating marine birds.
- We leave the penguins and continue along the coastline to the famous Cape Point Nature Reserve, a Natural World Heritage Site, where we explore the wildlife, looking out for antelope, baboons and Cape Mountain Zebra. For 360º views from the edge of the peninsula we walk or take the funicular up to the lighthouse and lookout point. Lunch is enjoyed with panoramic views of the ocean and peninsula from the cliff-tops of Cape Point.
- Returning back to Cape Town we travel over the misleadingly named Silvermine Mountains and take in the sweeping view of False Bay and the Cape Flats, from the original “Old Cape Road”.
- At the end of the day we return you safely to the doorstep of your accommodation in Cape Town usually between 5 & 6 pm.