Cape Winelands Day Tour
|Tour duration:||1 Day|
Description: A trip to South Africa is incomplete without visiting the world famous wine growing region known as the Cape Winelands. In one day we will tour through rolling vineyards encompassed by the towering Cape Fold Mountains and visit at least three of the area’s finest wine estates. Enjoy a day of being immersed in the food and wine capital of Africa, the Cape Winelands.
Highlights: 3 Wine tastings | 1 Wine and Cheese pairing | Cellar tour | Lunch on a wine estate | Explore the town of Stellenbosch
|Pick up and drop off at your hotel||Lunch at own expense|
|3 different wine tastings at 3 different wine estates|
|A wine and cheese pairing|
|Wine cellar tour|
|Transport in a comfortable, air conditioned shuttle|
|Passionate and professional guide|
€63 per person
*based on 8 people travelling
- 8am pick from your accommodation in Cape Town.
- Our first stop is a large contemporary wine farm where you will be introduced to the history of winemaking in Southern Africa, followed by a cellar tour and tutored wine tasting.
- After emerging from the cool cellars we will travel to an esteemed wine and cheese producing estate for a tutored wine tasting which can be paired with a selection of fine local cheeses.
- Lunch is an appetizing affair in a region boasts some of the country’s best chefs and fresh produce. Gourmet food and moreish wines will be enjoyed at one of the area’s special wine estate restaurants. Lunch at own expense.
- After lunch we take time to explore the historic town of Stellenbosch with its quirky boutique stores, art galleries and village museum.
- Our last stop takes us to Franschoek where we visit Haute Cabriere one of South Africa’s most celebrated wine estates to enjoy another tasting in picturesque surroundings.
- After an unforgettable day of Cape wine, food and culture you will be escorted safely back to your accommodation in Cape Town, where you will enjoy a whole new appreciation for the wine you find on your dinner table that evening.