Whale Watching Day Tour (July – October)
|Tour duration:||1 Day|
Description: See majestic Southern Right whales in the wild in the quaint seaside town of Hermanus, witness the breathtaking coastal views and fantastic photographic opportunities. We also visit the Harold Porter National Botanical Gardens where you can view stunning waterfalls and indigenous gardens on the mountainside.
Highlights: Southern Right Whales | Whale watching | Scenic Coastal Drive| Lunch in Hermanus | Indigenous Botanical Gardens | Scenic Cliff Walk | Souvenir shopping
|Pick up and drop off from your hotel in Cape Town||Optional whale boat cruise|
|Transport in a comfortable, air-conditioned shuttle|
|Entrance fees to Harold Porter Botanical Gardens|
|One free beer or non alcoholic beverage|
€58 per person
*based on 8 people travelling
**View our other Tours involving Whales:
- We leave Cape Town at approximately 8am and get onto the scenic coastal road that runs from Gordon’s Bay to the small town of Kleinmond.
- Here there is a chance to see the Harold Porter Botanical Gardens which displays the Cape Floral Kingdom in all its splendour.
- After exploring this enchanted garden we continue on to Hermanus, rated to have the world’s best land based whale watching.
- We have lunch at one of the local seaside restaurants with stunning ocean views before getting back into some serious whale spotting.
- The whales we are most likely to encounter are the southern right whales; these come to the perfect shallow, sandy-bottomed and sheltered bays for mating, calving, nursing their young and resting.
- Whales can be seen literally beneath you as you explore the paths along the coastal cliffs which drop steeply into the ocean.
- There is also the opportunity to take an optional whale watching boat cruise for those who want to get even closer.
- We end this fantastic day by heading back to Cape Town over Sir Lowry’s pass with its sweeping views of False Bay before returning you safely to your accommodation in Cape Town.